DOH says number of dengue cases on downward trend

Published November 10, 2019, 5:38 PM

by CJ Juntereal

By Analou De Vera

The Department of Health (DOH) said that it was expecting that the number of dengue cases will continue to decrease in the coming weeks.

Department of Health (MANILA BULLETIN)
Department of Health (MANILA BULLETIN)

“The number of weekly new dengue cases is already going down. I think it will continue a downward trend,” said Health Secretary Francisco Duque III in an interview.

Based on the DOH-Dengue Surveillance reports, the number of cases of the mosquito-borne illness has went down from 8,293 in Week 39 (September 22 to 28); to 7,383 in Week 40 (September 29 to October 5); to 6,561 in Week 41 (October 6 to 12); and to 5,927 in Week 42 (October 13 to 19).

In a related development, there are already 371,717 dengue cases, including 1,407 deaths reported nationwide from January 1 to October 19.

The DOH noted that the figure was 106 percent higher as compared to the 180,072 dengue cases, including 927 deaths recorded during the same period last year.

The health department also noted that children aged five to nine years old were the most affected age group–accounting to 84,247 cases or 23 percent of the total figure.

Moreover, most number of dengue cases were recorded in Calabarzon with 62,344; followed by  Western Visayas with 54,920 cases; National Capital Region with 32,040; Central Luzon 30,686; and Northern Mindanao with 24,410 cases.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2184417,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2876230,2876250,2876215,2876174,2876135,2876124]