Bulacan closely monitors dengue cases

Published October 24, 2019, 11:32 AM

by AJ Siytangco

By Freddie Velez

CITY OF MALOLOS, Bulacan –The Provincial Government of Bulacan, through the Provincial Health Office-Public Health, is closely monitoring dengue cases in the province with all disease reporting units actively sending data to the Provincial Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit.

Gov. Daniel R. Fernando said that when it comes to health, the province will not lower its guard but will always find ways to help Bulakenyos.

In the latest record, there were a cumulative total of 7,929 suspected dengue cases in the province from January 1 to October 5, 2019 which is 35 percent higher compared to the cases reported during the same period in 2018.

According to Dr. Jocelyn Gomez, head of the PHO-PH said: “Talagang hinikayat natin ang lahat na magreport sa atin para monitored natin ang galaw ng dengue, para nang sa gayon walang maiiwan na hindi nagamot, para hindi na rin kumalat pa.”

A total of 21 deaths were recorded as compared to 16 last year.

Fernando urged Bulakenyos to continue the 4S strategy: Search and destroy mosquito-breeding sites; secure Self-protection measures like wearing long pants and long sleeved shirts and daily use of mosquito repellent; Seek early consultation; and Support fogging/spraying only in hotspot areas where increase in cases is registered for two consecutive weeks to prevent an impending outbreak.

This was also discussed during the Barangay Summit where barangays were tapped to become partners in the implementation of the program as well as in providing speedy information dissemination.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2177319,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2873383,2873388,2873371,2873376,2873365,2873265]