We’ve been anticipating the announcement of the new Galaxy10, which was revealed earlier today at New York during the Samsung Unpacked 2019 event. What was surprising was the announcement of two new Galaxy Note10 devices: The Galaxy Note10 and the Galaxy Note10 Plus.
The Galaxy Note10 features a 6.3-inch screen with a resolution of 2280×1080. It’s powered with a 7nm 64-bit octa-core processor, followed with an 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. The Galaxy Note10 is geared up with a rear triple camera setup: 16MP for ultra wide, 12MP for wide-angle, and 12MP for telephoto. The front has a single 10MP camera. Fingerprint sensor is now built into the screen.
The Galaxy Note10 Plus has the same processor but with a 6.8-inch screen and a resolution of 3040×1440 with 498ppi. RAM soars all all the way to 12GB, and internal memory comes in two configurations: 256GB and a 512GB . It’s also noteworthy to point out that the Note10 Plus has a microSD card slot.
“From the very beginning, the Galaxy Note has stood for the best-of-the-best technologies and features. The Galaxy Note10 re-imagines this promise for the modern Note fan who uses their smartphone to take their productivity and creativity to the next level, and who effortlessly flows between ideas and endeavors at a moment’s notice,” said DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics. “Every element of the Galaxy Note10 was designed to help users achieve more. Whether they’re finishing a big project for work, capturing and editing a video, or playing their favorite mobile game, the Galaxy Note10 will help them do it faster and better.”
Galaxy Note users appreciate the power of sophisticated design—not just the look and feel of their device, but the experience it offers. Every element of the Galaxy Note10 is crafted to be sleek, slim and distraction-free, so users can devote their full attention to the ideas, projects, and content that matters most.
- Two Sizes: For the first time ever, the Galaxy Note10 comes in two sizes, so consumers can find the Note that’s best for them. The Galaxy Note10 opens up the Note to users who want the power of the S Pen and ultimate productivity in a compact form factor, packing a 6.3-inch Cinematic Infinity Display into the most compact Note yet. The Galaxy Note10+ features the biggest Note display ever with a 6.8-inch Cinematic Infinity Display on a device that’s still easy to hold and easy to use.
The Galaxy Note10’s display is Samsung’s best yet. From its physical construction to its underlying technology, the display is designed to immerse users in their favorite TV, movies and games.
- Edge-to-edge Design: The Galaxy Note10’s edge-to-edge Cinematic Infinity Display is nearly bezel-less, while the in-display cut out for the front camera is small and centered for a balanced design. Samsung’s most immersive display creates a seamless experience between thought and action, viewing and creating.
- Best Quality Display: The Galaxy Note10 features the award-winning Dynamic AMOLED display. With HDR10+ certification and Dynamic Tone Mapping, photos and videos are brighter than previous Note devices, and feature a stunning, wide color range. UL verified the Galaxy Note10 display for its 98% color and brightness uniformity. The Eye Comfort display reduces blue light without affecting color quality for comfortable viewing.
Note users put a premium on productivity, and they see their phone as essential to helping them do and achieve more. For these users, the Galaxy Note10 features new technologies, enhanced capabilities and powerful integrations all in service of giving users the freedom to work in the way that makes them the most productive.
- Handwriting to Text: The Galaxy Note10 brings a powerful new capability to the re-designed, uni-body S Pen. Now, users can jot down notes, instantly convert their handwriting to digital text in Samsung Notes, and export it to a variety of different formats, including Microsoft Word. Users can now customize notes by shrinking, enlarging, or changing the color of the text. In just a few taps, meeting minutes can be formatted and shared; bursts of inspiration can quickly become editable documents.
- Evolution of the S Pen: The Galaxy Note10 builds on the Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled S Pen capabilities introduced on the Galaxy Note9 by adding Air actions, allowing you to control certain aspects of the device using gestures with the S Pen. By opening up the Air actions SDK, developers can create customized controls that give users the ability to play games or use their favorite applications using gestures.
- Samsung DeX for PC: The Galaxy Note10 extends Samsung DeX’s capabilities, making it easier for users to work between their phone and a PC or Mac. With a simple, compatible USB connection, users can drag and drop files between devices, and use their favorite mobile apps with a mouse and a keyboard, while keeping their data secure on their phone through Samsung Knox.
- Link to Windows: The Galaxy Note10 integrates Link to Windows directly into the Quick Panel. With one click, users can connect to their Windows 10 PC. There, they can see notifications, send and receive messages, and review recent photos without pausing to look down at their phone.
With the Galaxy Note10, content creators and everyday users alike can use state-of-the-art tools to capture stunning video and photos—allowing their channels, stories and posts to stand out and make an impact. Featuring a combination of advanced imaging technology and software, the Galaxy Note10 elevates mobile videography and photography to the next level.
- Premium Video Technology: The Galaxy Note10 enables users to capture pro-grade video without having to carry around any extra gear. Live focus video adds depth-of-field adjustments so you can blur the background to focus on your subject. Zoom-In Mic amplifies the audio in frame and pushes background noise aside to help focus on the sounds that you want. And to remove the bumps and shakes that usually make an action shot blurry, new and improved Super steady stabilizes footage, and is now available in Hyperlapse mode for steady time-lapse videos.
- Quick and Easy Video Editing: Once they’ve recorded their video, Galaxy Note10 users can edit-on-the-go instantly right from their phone. Video editor can be used with the S Pen, so instead of having to tap to select or edit a clip, users can choose the precise moment they want to trim.
- Screen Recorder: For gamers who want to add some personality to their streams, or vloggers who want to enhance their tutorials, the Galaxy Note10 introduces Screen recorder. Easily capture what’s on the screen, use picture-in-picture to add reactions, and use the S Pen to annotate as they record for a more entertaining, engaging video.
- AR Doodle and 3D Scanner: The Galaxy Note10 integrates bleeding-edge AR and 3D capabilities into the camera. Along with an Ultra Wide camera, it opens up an entirely new medium for creators. With AR Doodle, use the S Pen to personalize photos with dynamic drawings, effects, and animations that track to the image. And with 3D Scanner, a groundbreaking first for the Note, the Galaxy Note10+’s DepthVision camera can take a scan of an object, and instantly turn it into a movable 3D rendering.
- Night Mode: People take plenty of selfies in low light situations—at dinner, at concerts or just enjoying a sunset. Night Mode, now available on the front camera, lets users capture striking selfies no matter how dim or dark the conditions.
Note fans use their phones to do just about everything—not just tackling everyday tasks, but taking on big projects: running their business, editing video for their social media channels, creating beautiful illustrations with the S Pen. To help them do it all, the Galaxy Note10 is engineered with top-tier hardware and next-level features.
- Super Fast Charging: With just 30 minutes of charge, the Galaxy Note10+ lasts through the day with up to 45W wired charging capability.
- Wireless PowerShare: Wireless PowerShare comes to the Note. Users can wirelessly recharge their Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Buds, or another Qi-enabled device with the Galaxy Note10
- Gaming: As mobile games get more processing-heavy and graphics-rich, the best gaming experiences require top specs. The Galaxy Note10 features the world’s slimmest vapor chamber cooling system, which delivers optimal performance during gameplay while keeping the device slim and sleek. With the AI-based Game Booster, the Galaxy Note10 optimizes performance and power consumption depending on the game. And with the PlayGalaxy Link P2P streaming service, users can pick up where users left off on any PC game and enable them to continue playing on the move with no need for local storage.
The Galaxy Note10 sits at the heart of the Galaxy ecosystem, a suite of premium products and services that offer experiences to help make users’ lives more streamlined and connected. Wearables like the Galaxy Watch Active2 and tablets like the Galaxy Tab S6 keep users connected and help them accomplish more on-the-go.
Building on these products are Samsung services which provide users with a connected and convenient Galaxy experience. Samsung Health helps users achieve their health and wellness goals with seamless tracking and monitoring. Samsung Knox safeguards data with defense-grade security solutions. Bixby, Samsung’s intelligence platform, provides integrated support to make your life easier, more organized and connected. The Samsung Members app opens up a Galaxy of experiences, offering users with exclusive benefits, invites and access to 24/7 customer support.