By Jeffrey Damicog
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) will release this June the results of the autopsy conducted on the remains of Filipino worker Constancia Dayag who was found dead in Kuwait.
NBI spokesman Deputy Director Ferdinand Lavin said that the agency finished conducting the autopsy last Thursday.
“The samples and specimen taken were subjected to laboratory examination which will take us around three weeks to one month,” Lavin told reporters.
Lavin said the NBI conducted the autopsy at the request of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).
“This was already a re-autopsy because there was an earlier autopsy done in Kuwait,” he noted.
Dayag was found dead on May 14 in her room at her employer’s residence in Kuwait.
She had been serving her employer, who was identified as Bader Ibrahim Mohammad, for the past three years.
The DOLE said the family of Dayag sought that the NBI conduct an autopsy to determine what caused her death.
Suspicion arose that she was physically and sexually abused after it was earlier reported that Dayag bore contusions and hematoma on parts of her body.
A piece of cucumber was also found inside her body.
In the meantime, DFA said Kuwaiti authorities have yet to finish the autopsy report conducted on the remains of Dayag