QC gov’t to initiate joint water relief mission in affected areas

Published March 20, 2019, 12:59 PM

by Francine Ciasico

By Chito Chavez

The Quezon City government assured it will initiate a joint water relief mission in areas affected by the water service interruption in city.

Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista  (FACEBOOK / MANILA BULLETIN)
Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista
(FACEBOOK / MANILA BULLETIN)

Mayor Herbert Bautista has directed the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (DRRMO) to aid Manila Water and Maynilad Water Services in providing emergency water supply to affected barangays, to be led by the Quezon City Fire District.

Almost 285,000 affected households in 82 of 142 barangays in Quezon City are expected to benefit the said water relief mission.

Vice Mayor Joy Belmonte has likewise reminded city residents to coordinate their water supply concerns to Quezon City Hotline 122 for immediate response from the city government, while they are continuously monitoring the situation in the barangay level.

Last week, Belmonte also called on QC residents to practice water conservation measures in their households while some cities in Metro Manila are experiencing limited water supply and low water pressure.

She also reminded restaurant and eatery owners to observe the Anti-Water Wastage ordinance in the city where they are urged to serve water upon request of customers only.

“The city government is currently doing its best to provide all possible assistance we could offer to those affected by the water service interruption. We are just requesting for our residents to extend their patience as we continue to think of other solutions to alleviate the situation,” said Belmonte.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2110330,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,3102584,3102532,3102374,3102372,3102368,3102366]