Bohol lawmaker denies he’s out of governor’s race

Published January 23, 2019, 5:36 PM

by AJ Siytangco

By Dave Albarado

TAGBILARAN CITY – Deputy House Speaker and Bohol third dis­trict representative Arthur Yap de­nied reports he is withdrawing his candidacy for governor of Bohol.
Yap was reacting to social media posts alluding that Yap is giving up his candidacy for governor.

Bohol third dis­trict representative Arthur Yap  (MANILA BULLETIN FILE PHOTO)
Bohol third dis­trict representative Arthur Yap
(MANILA BULLETIN FILE PHOTO)

In a statement, Yap said it is im­possible for him to give up his candi­dacy. He added that if he had plans to withdraw, he could have done so last year.

“I have made a decision. I have an obligation to the group (Padayon Bol-anon). I have plans for Bohol and to her people. I will continue to care for everyone. I’m already convinced and decided,” Yap said.

Yap also debunked speculations that he running for governor was a spur-of-the-moment decision, saying he made it after a series of consulta­tions.

He said he wanted to unify the forces in Bohol but there were camps that rejected his plan. He even offered to sacrifice his political career for the sake of politics in the province.

A congressional candidate for the third district, former Judge Carlos Francisco, defended Yap amid the surge of fake news.

Francisco is Yap’s handpicked candidate to replace him as third dis­trict congressman.

The former judge said he trusts the intelligence of the Boholano vot­ers in discerning what is true and what is fake.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2087367,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2842318,2842311,2842314,2842308,2842305,2842118]