DOH prepared to respond to any untoward incident during Feast of Black Nazarene

Published January 6, 2019, 4:07 PM

by Francine Ciasico

By Analou De Vera

The Department of Health (DOH) said that they are prepared to respond to any untoward incident during the Feast of the Black Nazarene on Wednesday, Jan. 9, as millions of Catholic faithful are expected to participate in the annual procession.

Devotees try to climb up towards the carriage of the Black Nazaren on route Manila City Hall during its feast day, january 9, 2018 (Camille Ante)
Devotees try to climb up towards the carriage of the Black Nazaren on route Manila City Hall during its feast day, january 9, 2018 (Camille Ante)

The DOH-National Capital Region said it already alerted different hospitals in Manila for possible emergency cases.

“We have, on standby, our medical teams in different DOH hospitals,” said DOH-NCR Epidemiology and Health Emergency Cluster head Dr. Patrick Co.

Co said they will be also deploying 14 emergency health teams in different parts of the procession route.

“If there is anyone in need of medical attention, our responders will be ready to provide onsite treatment,” he said.

Previously, some devotees sustained minor medical cases such as dizziness, lacerations, abrasions, high blood pressure, and sprain; and cases like fainting, difficulty in breathing, fractures, and seizures.

The Quiapo Church officials said they are expecting around five million devotees to join the annual procession.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2084118,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2881618,2881604,2881807,2881803,2881787,2881800]