Duterte unfazed by ouster plot

Published September 14, 2018, 9:58 AM

by AJ Siytangco

By Argyll Cyrus Geducos

President Duterte is unfazed by the destabilization plot against his administration that he disclosed this past week.

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte answers queries from the members of the media after holding a command conference in preparation for the onslaught of Typhoon 'Ompong' at the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) office in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City on September 13, 2018.(ROBINSON NIÑAL JR./PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte answers queries from the members of the media after holding a command conference in preparation for the onslaught of Typhoon ‘Ompong’ at the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) office in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City on September 13, 2018.(ROBINSON NIÑAL JR./PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

Duterte made the statement days after he revealed that a foreign government gave him information about an ouster plot against him slated next week, September 21.

In an interview, Duterte reiterated that there is a plot to oust him by some members of the opposition.

“I said maybe September 21st something — only plan. But what I’m sure of is that there’s a collaborative efforts of the left, the Magdalo, and the Yellow. Some, but not all,” he said.

“Sabi ko wala naman akong problema diyan (I said I have no problem with that). I’m — I was elected by the people. I’m not squatter there. So eventually the military and the police will have to face the crisis, the dilemma,” he added.

“Now, what happens next is anybody’s guess. Your guess is as good as mine,” he continued.

Duterte disclosed the said destabilization plot against him after he issued a proclamation voiding the amnesty of Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.

This week, Duterte dared the military to join Trillanes and oust him. Malacañang explained that this was the President’s way to express confidence that no one will join the cause of the embattled senator.

Last week, Duterte said the public should watch out for the three forces that are trying to oust him.

“Tatlong ‘yan, bantayan ninyo. Iyang Yellow, Liberals, Trillanes, pati ang politburo (There are three of them that you should watch out for. The Yellows, the Liberals, Trillanes, and even the politburo),” he said.

“So tatlo ‘yan (there are three of them), they are praying for my ouster. You know, kung kayo-kayo lang niyan, magbakbakan lang tayo, matulog na lang ako (If it’s just you guys, I will just sleep it off),” he added.

However, Duterte said that he cannot divulge just yet which foreign power he is getting his information from. He said maybe he can reveal the information when he is told by the Supreme Court.

“We will show it to you. Kaya kayong mga sundalo (So to the military) before you jump into the conclusion about — tanungin ninyo intelligence ninyo (ask your intelligence people) and they will show you,” he said.

“It is not for public consumption. Pagdating ng panahon (when the time comes) and if I’m compelled by Supreme Court to say, ‘Now state your case.’ O ‘di ipalabas ko lahat (then I will release them all), but it will be detrimental kasi mababasa nila kung saan namin kinukuha (because they will know where we are getting the information),” he added.

“Now hindi nila alam, sinabi ko na nga doon (they don’t know, and I’ve said it before), it’s being supplied by a foreign power, hindi dito (not from here),” he continued.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2516167,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2876936,2876933,2876930,2876939,2876918,2876896]