German court releases man convicted in far-right trial

Published July 18, 2018, 4:47 PM

by iManila Developer

By the Associated Press

A German court has ordered the release of a man convicted last week as an accessory to the murder of nine victims of a neo-Nazi group that targeted immigrants.

In this March 2, 2016 file photo defendant Ralf Wohlleben, right, alleged supporter of the neo-Nazi group National Socialist Underground, NSU, arrives at a court room in Munich, Germany. On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 a German court has ordered the release of Wohlleben convicted last week as an accessory to the murder of nine victims of a neo-Nazi group that targeted immigrants. Ralf Wohlleben was sentenced to 10 years' imprisonment at the end of a trial that lasted over five years. (AP / MANILA BULLETIN)
In this March 2, 2016 file photo defendant Ralf Wohlleben, right, alleged supporter of the neo-Nazi group National Socialist Underground, NSU, arrives at a court room in Munich, Germany. (AP / MANILA BULLETIN)

Ralf Wohlleben was sentenced to 10 years’ imprisonment at the end of a trial that lasted more than five years. Prosecutors alleged he was instrumental in supplying the National Socialist Underground group with a handgun and silencer and knew they planned to use it for the killings

The Munich state court said Wednesday that it has lifted an arrest warrant against Wohlleben, whose sentence has yet to be confirmed but he has already been in custody for six years and eight months so is unlikely to serve much longer. It said prosecutors approved the move.

Wohlleben was one of five people convicted in the trial.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2508692,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2910622,2912201,2912088,2912199,2912192,2912186]