By the Philippine News Agency
The Philippine National Railways (PNR) has suspended trips Tuesday due to heavy rains caused by the enhanced southwest monsoon or “habagat”.
In an advisory Tuesday morning, the PNR said the following trips were suspended on the southbound and northbound stretch of Tutuban-Alabang railway line:
- PS 637/800
- MSC 707/830
- MSC 737/900
- MSC 807/930
- MSC 837/1000
The following trains bound for Tutuban were also stranded as of 9:10 a.m.:
- MSC 456- Dela Rosa station since 6:41 am
- MSC 530 – Vito Cruz station since 6:31 am
- MSC 546- FTI station since 7:50 am
- MSC 630 – Pasay Road station since 7:55 am.
- PNR train MSC 607 bound for Alabang was stranded at the Pandacan station since 6:34 a.m.
Flooding was also reported in the following areas: Magsaysay crossing, Paco station, and Dimasalang.
Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration raised an Orange Rainfall Warning alert for continuous rains in the next two hours and possible flooding in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Bataan, and Batangas.