By Jean Fernando
Department of Labor and Employment Undersecretary Jacinto “Jing” Paras filed a grave threats complaint against Senator Antonio Trillanes on Wednesday at the Pasay City Prosecutor’s Office.
Paras formally filed his grave threats complaints against Trillanes at the Pasay City Prosecutor’s Office at about 9:00 a.m.
Based on the 6-page complaint of Paras, the senator threatens him last week when they see each other at the Session Hall.
Paras said that Trillanes allegedly told him “yayariin kita” which meant to him that the Senator will kill him.
He also said that the threat to him was followed when they accidentally met at the elevator at the Senate building.
The DOLE undersecretary also said that Trillanes is a liar for telling that he uttered bad words against the Senator.
“Bigla nalang nya akong nilapitan nung magkatabi kami ni Sec. Duque doon sa VIP gallery unprovoked. He threaten nya ako na yayariin niya ako,” Paras said.
“Napakasinungaling ng taong yan eh. The video will speak for itself. There was no moment na I extended my hand to shake hands with him, hindi ako handang makipagkita sa kanya noong araw na iyon. I went there to the Senate session hall dahil ang dati kong CS, I heard she was taking her oath as Senate secretary. I just wanted to greet her tapos nagkasabay kami ni Sec. Duque,” Paras added.
Paras said that he was approached by Trillanes with pointed finger on him and he was told “yayariin kita”.
“Sabi ko sa kanya Mr. Senator, karapatan ko pong mag-file ng kaso, in the same way that you filed a case vs. the President.”
“There was a footage by GMA. In due time, we’ll be able to get a copy of the footage. He’s denying kasi dinuro nya ako at nang-threat uli sa elevator,” Paras said.