By Francis Wakefield
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) through the Regional DRRM Councils will hold the 2nd Quarter Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill (NSED) on June 21, 2018.
In a statement, the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) said that the ceremonial venue for the NSED will be at Brgy. Sta. Ana in San Mateo, Rizal.
In line with this, the OCD will also roll out the Bida ang Handa Campaign which generally aims to promote disaster preparedness through public’s participation in the NSED. The main goal of the activity is to gather the maximum number of commitments via social media.
The main activity of the campaign involves the government, non-government, private, academe and media sectors as well as other stakeholders, with the following mechanics:
- Take a photo or video, may be solo or in group, showcasing a preparedness activity with the main message: “Bida ang Handa”
– “Makikiisa kami sa 2nd Quarter Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill sa darating na June 21, alas-dos ng hapon, dahil Bida Ang Handa”
– “Meron kaming Family Emergency Survival Kit para kung kailangan lumikas, meron kaming magagamit! At magda-DUCK-COVER-HOLD kami sa June 21! Dahil Bida and handa!”
- Post it on your social media accounts using the #BidaAngHanda.
- Tag us, Civil Defense PH in Facebook or Twitter and invite your friends to do the same.
- On June 22, 2018, share with us your earthquake drill experience by posting your photo or video on social media with #BidaAngHanda.
Individuals and groups are encouraged to post their videos on social media featuring preparedness measures to promote disaster preparedness at all levels. #BidaAngHanda is the official hashtag for this year’s NSED.