Former CPP-NPA courier receives cash and livelihood assistance

Published April 20, 2018, 1:38 PM

by Francine Ciasico

By Mike Crismundo

BUTUAN CITY – A former courier of Communist New People’s Army Terrorist (CNT) who recently voluntarily surrendered to the Army’s 71st Infantry (Kaibigan) Battalion (71st IB) received cash assistance from the government, 1st Lt. Jhocell D. Asis, Civil Military Operation (CMO) officer of the 71st IB told the Manila Bulletin today.

Guerrilas from the New People's Army in formation during the 49th anniversary of the communist rebel in Seirra Madrid mountains. President Duterte ordered a stop to peace talks between the communist rebels and has been labelled them as terrorist following recent attacks on the Agovernment force.The NPA claims that the government is using campaign against illegal drugs, terrorism and declaration of martial law in Mindanao as a tool to commit a human right violations.(Czar Dancel / MANILA BULLETIN)
(Czar Dancel / MANILA BULLETIN)

The 71st IB CMO officer identified the former CNT Courier who received the cash assistance as Genaro M. Hisu aka “Tatay.”

He was a former courier of Guerilla Front Committee 2 –Sub-Regional Committee 2 (SRC 2) of the CPP-NPA Southern Mindanao Regional Committee. He was tasked to transport NPA members and cadavers, food supplies, improvised explosive devices (IEDs), firearms and ammunitions and subversive documents in the municipalities of Maco, Mawab, Maragusan and Nabunturan, all of ComVal province, Asis said.

He yielded in the last week of March this year to “Bravo Company” under 1st Lt. Fel B. Saguin of the 71st IB in New Corella, Davao del Norte province.

The former CNT courier received livelihood assistance worth P 50,000 and P 15,000 for mobilization expenses during a ceremony held at the Provincial Capitol Building in Barangay Cabidianan, Nabunturan Compostela Valley (ComVal) province on Wednesday.

“He is one of the 12 new beneficiaries of Comprehensive Local Integration Program (CLIP) in ComVal province now,” the 71st IB CMO officer said.

The CLIP which is under the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) and the Presidential Assistant on the Peace Process (OPPAP) was implemented pursuant to Joint Memorandum Circular (JMC) 2014-01 which aims to encourage members of NPA to lay down their arms and rejoin mainstream society.

Miguel M Guzman, executive assistant of ComVal Gov. Jayvee Tyron L Uy, led the awarding of check to the recipient after giving a short message to the former rebel.

Meanwhile, Lt. Col. Esteveyn E. Ducusin, commanding officer of the 71st IB said his “Kaibigan” Battalion will continue its efforts in encouraging more rebels to lay down their arms and return to the folds of law.

“Once again we are calling the remaining NPA terrorisst to grab this opportunity to surrender. No more reasons to stay in this terrorist group. The government’s initiatives and programs for former rebels are overflowing so they must grab this opportunity,” Ducusin added in the same statement sent to the Manila Bulletin today.

The 71st IB gave a short input on financial management and livelihood programs as basis of FR’s decision to live a peaceful and dynamic life.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2496792,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2912223,2912217,2912214,2912220,2912211,2910622]