QC allows students to work part-time at City Hall this summer

Published February 7, 2018, 1:33 PM

by Patrick Garcia

By Chito Chavez

The Quezon City government has reserved 350 slots for students who want to work part-time during summer at City Hall’s various departments.

Quezon City Hall (Commons Wikipedia/Manila Bulletin)
Quezon City Hall (Commons Wikimedia/Manila Bulletin)

Qualified students will receive a minimum wage of P512 per day, 60 percent of which will be shouldered by the QC Hall and the remaining 40 percent provided by the Department Of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

According to the project officer for the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES), the objective is to provide additional financial aid to students who want to pursue their college education.

Students who are employed in the program will have to report for 20 days starting from April 3 to May 2, 2018.

To qualify, students should have at least graduated from Grade 10, are computer literate and know how to deal with filing paper works.

The application period for students is divided into three periods: January 22 to 31 for registration and orientation, February 1 to 28 for the submission of requirements, and March 8 to 14 for the posting of the qualified applicants.

Meanwhile, the Quezon City Council has passed a resolution urging Mayor Herbert Bautista to adopt a program that will provide public elementary and high school students with electronic identification cards that will monitor their whereabouts through an innovative Message Cast messaging system.

Message Cast is a web-based messaging service that allows subscribers to send and broadcast SMS to one or multiple recipients across all networks.

Resolution 7179-2017 introduced by Councillor Allan Butch Francisco, is envisioned to address the security and safety concerns of students studying in public elementary and high schools.

Francisco said there is a growing concern for education institutes and parents to implement a secure, efficient and accurate tracking mechanism for their students.

“The system sends SMS to parents and to the registered guardians instantly the moment their children swipe their identification cards into a special machine located at the school gate. During dismissal time, parents are also notified if their children have already swiped their integrated ID’s to leave the school premises. The system will also send SMS to parents on cancellation of classes and important school announcements,” the resolution read.

Aside from the safety concern of parents, the program may also help to cut the number of school dropouts due to absences, cutting of classes and tardiness because parents will be provided a way to monitor the whereabouts of their children.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2489564,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2841356,2841351,2841348,2841375,2841369,2841440]