Barangay head wants landslide debris cleared

Published January 22, 2018, 10:00 PM

by Restituto Cayubit

By Nestor L. Abrematea

 Tacloban City –Officials and residents of Barangay 43-B,Quarry District here are asking the city government to clear the debris left by a landslide that claimed four lives Saturday last week.

Barangay 43-B Chairman Regina A.G. Belarmino said she fears another landslide could be more destructive if the rocks and mud left by the previous landslide are not removed soon.

Belarmino said she sent a barangay councilwoman to the city engineer’s office but no official was around to take their complaint.

She said among those killed by the landslide was her barangay secretary who in July 2017   brought a letter to City Engineer Dioneseo De Paz on the damaged of the fence of businessman Jayson Co that triggered the landslide.

Belarmino said De Paz did not make any action on their complaint and the landslide happened.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2365081,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2768686,2768683,2768677,2768676,2768157,2768674]