TAGUIG, PHILIPPINES – November 16, 2016
Ken Xie, founder, chairman and chief executive officer at Fortinet
“Our strong foundation of innovation has enabled us to stay ahead of the ever-evolving threat landscape, solidifying our position as a leader in this critical space. These results show that businesses of all sizes trust Fortinet as the foundation for their cybersecurity, and they are embracing our vision of an integrated, collaborative and adaptive security fabric as a key enabler of success in the digital economy.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), the global leader in high-performance cybersecurity solutions, today announced the results from International Data Corporation’s (IDC) latest Worldwide Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker. The 2Q16 and historical report data reinforces Fortinet’s continued leadership within the security industry by consistently shipping more security devices than any other vendor.
- Fortinet has shipped over 7 Million security appliances since its founding.
- Fortinet has been the security market leader since 2013 consistently delivering more security devices per year than any other vendor on the planet.
- Widening its leadership position, Fortinet has seen 2Q16 appliance shipments increase by 41% year-over-year, earning 25% market share in the second quarter of 2016.
- In Asia Pacific & Japan in particular, Fortinet is also the no. 1 vendor in terms of market share by shipment in Q2 2016. It commands 21.8% of the security appliance market, far ahead of Cisco, Check Point and Palo Alto Networks, whose market shares are in the single digits.
- A deeper look into the IDC data shows that Fortinet has been gaining market share across Enterprise, Mid-Sized and SMB market segments.
Empowering Customers with Intelligent, Seamless Protection
Fortinet attributes this momentum to delivering on the Security Fabric technology vision with a complete rethinking of security for its customers. Companies want an integrated security architecture designed to unify management, centralize and coordinate threat detection and intelligence, and provide a dynamically coordinated response to threats anywhere across the distributed network, from IoT to the cloud. Fortinet is the only vendor capable of delivering an integrated, open and adaptive Security Fabric that can respond to any potential threat across the entire attack surface.